- as a matter of fact事实上，其实;说起来;
- a wide variety of种种，多种多样;
- a prohibitive price令人望而却步的价格
- a myriad of无数的
- a new lease of life新生活， 精神焕发;
- a host of...许多;
- be of the opinion是我的意见
- count of indictment起诉书中列举的罪项;
- cost of livingn.生活费;生活费用;
- capital of italy意大利首都
- draw a line画一条线，划一界线;
- fight a losing battle从事一项毫无成功希望的斗争;
- go great gunsv.高速高效地干;
- give someone the benefit of the doubt给某人一个值得怀疑的好处
- get rid of the ill-fortune去晦气;
- holder of a grant奖学金获得者;
- have a headache头疼，头痛;
- have a good talk好好愉快
- mode of trade贸易方式;
- make a deal成交；达成交易;
Mother attaches a great deal of value to good manners.
He displayed a great deal of artifice in decorating his new house.
She had placed a great deal of faith in Mr Penleigh.
This involved the deletion of a great deal of irrelevant material.
Stationary cars in traffic jams cause a great deal of pollution.
Running a kitchen involves a great deal of discipline and speed.
I also had friends who gave me a great deal of encouragement.
The report contains a great deal of statistical information.
There's a great deal of variability between individuals.
Lawrence Durrell wrote a great deal of poetry.
This book requires a great deal of concentration.
The relationship caused her a great deal of heartache.
It'll cost a great deal of money to mount the play.
A great deal of whiskey is made in Scotland.
There has been a great deal of politician's cant.